James W. Falconbury 1 2 3 4
- Born: 18 Oct 1834, Decatur County, Indiana
- Marriage (1): Sarah Burton on 10 Jul 1854 in Marshall County, Indiana
- Marriage (2): Susan Clark on 1 Sep 1876
- Marriage (3): Hannah Alexander on 11 Feb 1893 in Polk Township, Decatur County, Indiana
1870; Indiana; Marshall County; Polk Township;
James W. is listed as the head of the household at the age of 36 with the occupation of farmer. His wife, Sarah, is age 33 and their children are Stephen S, 12, Jacob B., 11, Frank W., 6, Schyler C., 3, Alice S.,2, and Oliver P., 6/12ths.
It is possible that James served two tours of duty during the Civil War as indicated by the following records:
- Falconbury, James. Enlisted as a Private on November 15, 1862; Drafted in Company L, 1st Cavalry Regiment Indiana on November 15, 1862; Mustered out on August 01, 1863.
- Falconberry, James. Residence listed as Kosciusko County, Indiana. Enlisted as a Private on August 13, 1863 in Indiana. Assigned to Company A, 118th Infantry Regiment, Indiana. Mustered out on March 1, 1864, in Indianapolis, Indiana.
(Source: www.ancestry.com listing of - Report of the Adjutant General of the State of Indiana. (INRoster) Published in 1865-66 by Holloway
Although the last name is spelled Falconbury in the first record and Falconberry in the second, the fact that the second listing specifies Kociusko County and the date of mustering out of the first tour and enlisting in a second tour less than two weeks seems to fit. James would have turned 28 years old one month before the first enlistment and two months before his 29th birthday at the second enlistment so the age factor fits, too.
James married Sarah Burton on 10 Jul 1854 in Marshall County, Indiana. (Sarah Burton was born about 1837 in Indiana.)
James next married Susan Clark on 1 Sep 1876.
James next married Hannah Alexander on 11 Feb 1893 in Polk Township, Decatur County, Indiana.